Pages

Friday 2 January 2015

My 10 'Realistic' Resolutions

I guess I should start by saying HAPPY NEW YEAR... I hope 2015 is an amazing year for each and every one of you! It's that time again when most of us reflect over everything that happened last year, what went well, what didn't go so well, and what we would like to change. In the past I have made a ton of resolutions, only to go and drop them a month down the line. This year I've decided to make some better, more realistic ones, that hopefully, (fingers crossed), I'll be able to actually achieve! So here's a list of my top ten New Year's Resolutions... 

1. BE POSITIVE - I know you've probably heard this one before and you're currently rolling your eyes, but I would really love to go through 2015 with a much better outlook on life. In the past I have unfortunately been a rather 'glass half empty' type with a tendency to worry about lots of different things on the inside which makes my anxiety very bad, and I'd like that to change. If something doesn't work out or things are going wrong, we should all try to look at the bright side of things and what IS going right... because nine times out of ten, you still have an awful lot going for you. 

2. READ EVEN MORE BOOKS - See, most people would put to just 'read more' but ever since I was little I've always loved reading any book or story I could get my hands on, so I am a bit of a bookworm. I'd also like to keep track of what I thought about a particular novel after I've read it by jotting down what I thought, so at the end of the year I can see all the books I managed to get through. Unique! 

3. KEEP TABS ON WHAT I EAT/BE A REGULAR GYM GOER - THIS IS THE MOST TYPICAL ONE OF ALL! I don't exactly want to lose a lot of weight but I do want to change my lifestyle for the better, eat lots of protein and fibres, drink more water, and exercise more regularly so I can tone up a bit.

4. TAKE REGULAR SOCIAL MEDIA BREAKS - I'm very guilty of loving social media and using my phone all.the.time. I'd like to have more quality time with the people who I care about the most. It'd be nice to get off Facebook every once in a while and start living in the real world!  

5. LOOK AFTER MY SKIN - I'd like to stick to a regular skincare regime where I steam it once a week and look after it every day. I want skin like porcelain and I can get quite self conscious about it when it doesn't look up to scratch. 

6. MAKE NEW FRIENDS - Although I love my oldest friends who I've known for years, it would be nice to expand the social circle a little more this year and start hanging out with lots of different people. 

7. FIND A JOB I LOVE - This is a big one for me! After I return from my semester abroad in the USA, I want to quit my current job and find one I actually enjoy and find useful. It'd be cool to try something I've never done before. I've always worked in retail, so it would be a breath of fresh air if I got something that was secretarial in some way. 

8. SPEND MORE TIME WITH FAMILY - It's hard when life gets so busy we forget to spend it with the people we live with. When I look back over 2014, I realise now that I should have spent a lot more time with my family than what I did.  

9. FOCUS ON WHAT'S IMPORTANT - I am naturally quite an organised person, but this year is all about prioritising! That doesn't mean I'm not going to have any fun, but I need to stay focused to achieve what I want. 

10. LET THE LIGHT IN - This sounds very spiritual doesn't it?! 2015 will all be about radiating love, spreading positivity, making others happy, and most importantly, learning to love myself for who I am.    

Last but not least, I'd like to take this opportunity to personally thank YOU - my readership over 2014. When I was a teenager, one of my favourite things in the world would be to read blogs, and I looked up to these incredible women that wrote them. I quickly became intrigued with it and loved how you could leave someone's website having learnt something, hearing about their day or just feeling inspired by what they had said. I decided I had nothing to lose and thought I'd join in and give it a go too! When I first started writing Beloved Jaine a year ago, I could never have imagined in my wildest dreams that the viewer hits would be 3000+, people from all over the world would be reading it in their own language, I would have strangers sending me very touching messages saying that something I'd written had made them cry (in the good way) and I would have over 70 followers on Bloglovin. I know that this doesn't sound like much to some, but to me it is a big deal. It's something I've always wanted to do and it's so overwhelming to know that my blog has grown from being just something I was doing in my spare time, in the privacy of my bedroom, to now promoting it as a business, I guess you could say, to people I meet at launch parties and special events. 2014 has been a crazy ride... I know in my heart that I still have an awful lot to learn about all of this. I'm still young and haven't even graduated yet! However, I definitely feel I have pushed myself in the best way possible to make this blog the best it can be. I've always had a streak of determination and drive, but I could never have foreseen things like beauty companies and PR people contacting me to ask if I can work with them... I honestly thought my friends would be the only ones reading it! To me, this will always be a hobby that I'm very passionate about - but knowing people are starting to take me seriously is so rewarding.  

I've met some incredible fellow bloggers, journalists and PR people offline, as well as online, and everyone has been so welcoming and lovely in this huge blogging community... I've even made a few friends who I'm sure I'll be meeting up with and working with in the not so distant future. I can't thank these people (and you!) enough... it sounds cliche but I really do appreciate every single follower, reader and brand who takes a little time out of their busy lives to listen to what I have to say. I still see myself as awkward Aimee, an average person who was never really that interesting - but I guess I must be! I now have this awesome platform to share all of my life/beauty/fashion tips and experiences with. I hope you stick with me this year! All my love, Aimee xxx

4 comments:

  1. I'm at around the same stage as you in terms of followers and I feel just as excited as you! Well done and good luck with the resolutions!

    sheepishlyshameful.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's nice to feel like you're getting somewhere with it :) thank you for the link - I'll have a look at it :D xx

      Delete